- DIRECTOR'S NOTE
- SIZE CHART
- SHIPPING & DELIVERY
The DD01 Lounge suit
The classic grey flannel sack suit, also known as a lounge suit, was much like the blue jean of 20th Century American everyday style- hard wearing, tough clothes that lasted for years, day in, day out.
We have simply updated it to an even harder wearing French terry loopback, more commonly used for sweatshirts, hoodies, and yoga pants, for the needs of the modern professional, without changing the things we love about this timeless, functional, and effortlessly comfortable silhouette.
A 3-piece grey flannel suit is like a blank canvas, endlessly re-mixable with other pieces from your wardrobe for casual or formal looks, whether you're going on a 20 hour flight across the world...or just to your couch.
DESIGNED FOR WRITERS, EDITORS, DIRECTORS, AND PRODUCERS, FREQUENT TRAVELERS, AND OCCASIONAL NAPPERS
The irony of my style journey is that I ended up returning back to suits less out of wanting to look stylish, but out of decision fatigue and sheer laziness.
Faced with an innumerable number of tasks everyday as a filmmaker juggling multiple projects, matching my top to my bottom even became too much work for my brain every morning and I looked for options to streamline my life.
I’m sure many of you can relate.
And so, going back to the archive, I returned back to the solution many have chosen as their day to day uniform: the grey sack suit of IBM men, Ivy Leaguers, civil rights activists, film directors, ad men, architects, poets, art gallerists, beatniks, bankers, and presidents alike, now reincarnated in a machine washable French terry loopback.
Originally designed as a daywear alternative to frock coats, the sack suit eliminated the waist seam and complex back details of the frock coat for a simpler, relaxed sophistication for lounging in the home than the tightly fitted and starched daywear of the time, eventually evolving into the de facto work uniform for most men and women by the mid-20th Century until now.
Fashion changes, but the sack suit has consistently remained both traditional and a great example of modern form follows function design that has survived through the ages into timelessness.
While wool flannel was the best sportswear fabric of its time, used for tennis, baseball, and cricket uniforms, sweatshirt reverse weave and French terry loopback have achieved the properties that tailors could only dream of a century ago in terms of durability and comfort.
French terry and other athletic stretch fabrics, finished unlined in this way, are actually more difficult and expensive to work with than traditional woven fabrics, such as flannel or worsted wool, and most bespoke tailors cannot work with it, which is why a suit like this can only be made ready to wear, usually by the largest brands in bulk, despite being perceived as being inferior because they are made of cotton and not wool.
Ours are not so, and finished to the same standards you would expect from a high-end wool unconstructed bespoke or couture suit, built to last for years, even decades, not seasons.
A white oxford shirt and a grey suit is a great uniform that never gets stale and like the crisp contrast of a tuxedo, looks good on nearly everyone. And now, you can feel as comfortable as if you were wearing your pajamas while working or sleeping anywhere.
-Raymond Chu, Creative Director
- Heavyweight 100% British Made Premium Cotton French Terry Loopback with Natural Mechanical Stretch
- Patterned after an original 1960s Brooks Brothers sack suit, virtually unchanged from 1901
- Handmade in Manhattan, New York, tailored to the highest bespoke couture standards
- Machine Washable
/Tumble Dry, Steam If Desired
- Unlike brushed sweatshirt fleece, the loops of French terry do not degrade significantly over the lifetime of the garment.
- Includes a 100% cotton pique washable garment bag for machine washing and wood hanger.
- 4” Notch Lapels with Medium Gorge
- Soft shoulder and drape chest Y-silhouette
- Dartless unstructured straight fit silhouette with minimal waist suppression
- 3 roll 2 button stance
- Classic length
- 2 hip flap pockets, welt breast pocket, and 2 interior pockets
- Single vent
- 2 decorative button cuff
- Fully unlined for comfort
- 6 button front
- 4 pockets
- Simple darted back for comfortably sitting in for prolonged periods
- Fully unlined
- Medium high rise for comfortably sitting in for prolonged periods
- Side adjusters, eliminating the need for a belt when traveling
- Adjustable Invisible 2-Step Cuff Hem
- Relaxed thigh tapered to the ankle
- Self-fabric stretch waistband
- Hidden phone pocket
- Zip fly with hook and eye closure
- On Seam side pockets
- 2 rear pockets, left button-through
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for any customizations you may need on sleeve, inseam, or waist size after you have placed your order according to chest/bust size.